PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
Not sure if I would call this a proper smoker's parlor or what-have-you; I have to be careful since I rent and my space is limited. Not pictured is a Levoit air purifier, odor-eliminating candles, and a cracked window. I do find, as long as I stick to pipe smoke (the cigars are too pungent), that all these things in tandem tamp down on any foul odors or wall damage exceptionally well. But I got my humidor, jarred pipe tobaccos, and pipes all here, as well as my entire music collection and some favorite books (not pictured) closeby. Most importantly, my grandfather's writing desk is here. All I need to enjoy perfect peace.

If I am ever able to afford a decent home for myself, one of my goals is to try to set-aside a parlor for myself. A proper front-porch will also be much sought after.

Attachments

• room.jpg
    room.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 63

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
I am on the rustic Northern CA coastline and I am able to smoke right outside the sliding glass doors (sometimes a fire is needed) unless it's raining. We have folding rocking chairs we bring out and set in front of the fireplace. Other than that, I am in front of the TV on the coach watching combat sports or a movie with the wife. Then again, I only smoke a pipe on the weekends...

IMG_6799.jpeg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Man cave, she shed, whatever you call it. Big changes are happening in my world, and one of them is to make myself some sort of smoking area in/at my house. Haven't decided if I build a room in my basement, or enclose one of my two porches. I'm looking for some ideas!

No more wind, or cold unfinished uninsulated garage walls for this guy!

Go on, make me jealous enough to start something!
Haha, here’s 1/2 of mine - won’t make you jealous, lol, and weather forecast says after tomorrow it is closed until April! My garage is insulated and heated, however.IMG_3402.jpeg