PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

atwaterville

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 15, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
2024 Palmetto Balkan in a Rattray's bent billiard.

I really enjoy the interplay of the buttery and incense flavor of the Orientals with the Syrian-like Latakia. I never tried Syrian Latakia before. In this blend, I get the red wine-like mouthfeel that all the reviews have mentioned.

For anyone who had smoked Syrian Latakia from the past and also the new Palmetto Balkan blend, do you think it's comparable in taste and mouthfeel?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've about a third of a bowl left of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with an unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem. Sam the Scamp is by my side. All the other ferals are outside except for Daisy the Feral Princess. She's snoozin' behind m'lady's chair.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Off to touch up pages with a bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling263.jpg

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Don't let the pouch fool you. I wish it was Condor but it's just about 1% Condor dust mixed with a couple of Argentine Criollo twist leftovers. Still a very nice smoke epecially in the Gordon pipe.

20240404-213642.jpg

Sandblast

Might Stick Around
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
Chicken soup tonight, with the carcass of the chicken. There's very little I hate in this world more than food waste.
I'm SO with you, hating food waste. Sister never keeps remaining food, tosses remains in trash after a meal. The entire family (husband, 2 grown sons) don't eat leftovers. CAN'T understand this, always thought men loved to poke around in the fridge at night, see what's there. Got a friend, we eat at a restaurant, he'll toss remaining Middle Eastern rice & salad into trash -- if it's Italian, he'll toss remaining pasta & meatballs into trash. WTH (???). WTF (???). I never (NEVER) waste food. Leftovers are heaven, plus the makings for great soups/stews.

NOTE: Got a townhouse with a nice patio in front. Have the top of a birdbath sitting in a planter, so from my easy chair with mug of coffee alongside each morning, I can watch various birds drinking, splashing, squabbling. I don't feed them, they've got Mother Nature's berries & insects but they do know where there's always fresh water. So far, have seen robins, chickadees, blue jays, woodpeckers, cardinals (a couple), some crows.

Now smoking Ashton Smooth Sailing mixed with Latakia in a Peterson 301 System Standard.
1712282875634.png

DesertDan

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
I have been smoking Capstan Blue RR quite a bit lately and have decided that it will be a permanent part of my regular rotation.
So, I decided to crack open a tin of Capstan Gold RR to give it a go and stuffed it in a MM Diplomat. I must say that it is a pleasant, straight forward Virginia blend light and uncomplicated. I do enjoy Blue more, but I think this is nice when one wants to take a break from strong and or complex blends. It has been a while since I have smoked OGS and will have to do so for a better comparison between the two.

Today I decided to give LJP Cuban Mixture a try and loaded my Falcon with it.
I enjoyed it quite a bit. I will spend some more time with it and put it through its paces.

Status
Not open for further replies.