PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Oddball

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
TN
23 Drucquer & Sons Levant in a Briarworks 10th Anniversary Black Blast on Black Stem Zulu.
The Pipe: I was 50/50 on this shape when they released it but was there for the 10th Anniversary Party and Black Blast on Black Stem is a favorite combo of mine so I bit. Pretty glad I did. Not only is it a first run, but it's a champion smoker.

I've had two bowls of this Levant, last night and tonight. Last night I didn't really think about it, I just puffed and enjoyed the hell out of it. Tonight I paid attention. This is a Skiff Mixture, which is my favorite to date Balkan blend, Match. I don't know if that was the intent, but they did it. It's got all the body of the Turkish leaf and the Virginia is there as well. The Latakia is a side car affair, it's there, its up front, but it's not the main course. I kinda wish I had some of this with more age, but I'm not sure it would matter much. Big fan. That's 2/2 of the D&S blends, with Blairgowrie being the other I really enjoyed for different reasons.
IMG_7035.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Long Tail is sleeping by my side again. It's very tempting to keep her.
Barling_249.jpg
LTJimSideSnooze2.jpg
LTJimSideSnooze3.jpg
LTFeet1.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the rest of the Reds-Orioles game from earlier this evening.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Inclement weather for the past week - no chance of getting tobacco dry (short of nuking it) with humidity close to 100%

I’m taking out a couple of African meers (both bought new in the late 1970s) and using a handful of meer chips and hoping for the best

1stly the black rusticated bent billiard
IMG_4644.jpeg

With a bowl of Amphora Full Aroma
IMG_7820.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of Wilke Wall Street w/o perique in a smooth light brown quarter bend 1928-1931 KBB Drinkless Kaywoodie Synchrosystem patent Rock Ambera 7209 yachtsman with a tapered rock ambera stem. Second time smoking this pipe.
KBB Kaywoodie Drinkless patent Rock Ambera-7209.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
If I get everything done in time, I'll end the day with a bowl of year 2018 D&R Windsail in a 2018 full bend smooth natural Peterson Sherlock Holmes Lestrade with a silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. Haven't smoked this pipe lately.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes Lestrade, 2018.jpg