Pipes and Cigars Online Store. Never Again.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
I always hear about how "terrible" P&C is, but I've never had an issue with them in the six or so years I've ordered from them. It seems to be fashionable to dump on P&C because they are a direct competitor to forum sponsors.
I did, however, encounter an instance in which Smokingpipes declined to pay for return shipping for a pipe with a crooked and sloppily drilled airway, and I've always heard that their customer service is excellent. I sent them clear photos of the bad drilling and was told something along the lines of "We don't consider that to be a defect. Send it back if you want." That's the only time I've had a problem with them.

Green Hill piper

Can't Leave
Feb 1, 2023
I just had a a issue with smokinpipes
Com. I like my Canadians on the longer side and ordered a second tundra series described on the site as 6.83 inches. When the pipe showed up it measured at 5.50. sent it back no problem and already have my money back on my house account. I purchased the Canadian Hercules ex so I bet that will take care of the puny t short pipe problem, lol 😆

Reactions: woodsroad

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Despite numerous attempts by me to contact CI and have them "make it right", they were unable/unwilling to do so. They ended up sending my account to collections. An email and a 1 minute phone call with the collections agency solved the problem. I owed them nothing, their mistake. CI/P&C is incompetent.
that's just nuts. Nothing says I don't need your business like bad customer service.

Reactions: woodsroad

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Had a bad experience years ago. Never went back. There are vendors bending over backwards to make me feel welcomed. No reason to deal with companies that won't make me feel like throwing my money at them.

Reactions: litup and woodsroad

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
I’ve been smoking for 16 minutes, and haven’t had a problem. Their site sucks, but they have good sales now and again that I take advantage of.
Mind you, I do not put out large amounts on pipe/tobacco purchases, nor am I on a strict monthly budget. I say that to qualify that when I get bit, it won’t be from a purchase that will hurt more than sting.
Rarely if ever are they my first choice, SPcom or TPcom are my happy go to’s.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
Maybe...if something glitches on my next P&C order, I'll post about it here and drive their business away with my outrage. Failing that, perhaps they'll catch wind of my complaints and send me free tobacco or something?
WAH Whaa WHA:cry:
I've used their monthly magazine for oval office studies for many years. I don't require such assistance now that I no longer use the commode for #2. TMI? I'm not bitching about it.
I am sure there have been occasions when almost any commercial endeavor experiences difficulty. After all, it still comes down to the human element, and we all know that there's only one perfect human being on earth and he's been busy with court proceedings.

Reactions: Lucro

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
For me on the West Coast of US, shipping from them has been very slow -- about 2x the time that SP takes. I have appreciated their frequent 15% coupons and even took advantage of a limited time 20% off to get my Stanwell HCA at a great price. The Stanwell was listed as 9mm, but came unfiltered -- could have been error in their database, or they could have shipped the wrong one. I didn't care so didn't raise the issue. I have placed about a half dozen orders with them over the last several months. Everything has ultimately arrived as ordered (excepting the Stanwell), though they did show one tobacco order as 'delivered' when the carrier still said it was awaiting receipt of the package. The minor issues I've experienced haven't been enough for me to boycott them; though if I they had given me the same issues with a return or refund as described above, I probably would. I am being more circumspect in my future ordering regardless and am not likely to buy another pipe from them. But then I'm also shifting to getting pipes from individual makers. :)

I have had consistently great service from SP, Boswells, and Missouri Meerschaum.

Reactions: Servant King

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Yah dealing with people hired as "customer support" can always be an adventure, through it all i would not be upset with someone wanting to verify my order.

May 15, 2021
Ohio
Never had an issue the past 15 or so orders over 3 years. The backordered items is annoying. The coupons I can stack on sale items to get rid of most of the excise tax in Ohio is nice. Those coupons were better when I was in Texas.

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
The only experience I have with P&C has nothing to do with their service, I never received any.
Years ago I placed a small order there for a difficult to obtain blend....you know how that goes. I was lucky enough to get 2 tins of FVF in my cart.
The total came to like $53....I had added a couple other tins to the order.
I went to check out, and due to me having a NYS address and our taxes on tobacco, the total was $98 and some change!!
Umm, yea, I backed out of the order real quick.....FVF be darned!!
I eventually got a few tins, still have a couple, that was like 2010 or so.
I know this adds nothing to this thread, but, there it is. 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: mingc

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
You can't blame CI/P&C (same company, same building, same everything) for USPS/UPS problems, and yes, everybody makes mistakes. But when they are given all the receipts and documentation and fail to ascertain that THEY made the mistake, not the customer, when they then double down TWICE, threaten and then send the customer's confidential information to an outside collection agency...well...that's a problem.

I'm not telling anyone here how to spend their their money, or who to do business with, but frankly....you've been warned.

Gnome1-vi.jpg
CI/P&C President Ralph Phlegmsly on his lunch break