PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
So here's a question. What was your first Pete and when did you buy it it? Mine was an Aran 03 I bought in the Peterson Dublin shop November 18th 2023. View attachment 308716
Short Army 102 last year, and still the only pipe (save two mini-meers and a few cobs) the only pipe I’ve bought new.
Since I bough it I’ve gotten four estate Petes.
IMG_8258.jpeg

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
Here are six De Luxe Petersons with 'Hand Cut' stems and bone chimneys. Only one has a date hallmark (1971) and only one has an inlaid metal 'P'.

fki2mvf.jpeg

Other side of the rack contains six pipes that might have been created by Paddy Larrigan:

1 - 'Hand Made' house pipe with aluminum 'P' and straight grain on the sides
2 - Plateaux with aluminum 'P' and ~Dunmore shank treatment
3 - Supreme with gold band and 'Hand Cut' stem
4 - Wicklow with 'Hand Cut' twin bore stem
5 - System SPECIAL
6 - System SPECIAL

7OLCWfW.jpeg

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
Got these unsmoked beauties in today. Shame that Peterson didn't put condensers in them.
View attachment 310330View attachment 310331

Great acquisition. Yeah, the official 'Mark Twain' stamped pipes are not systems - adding the reservoir and condensor for the 2022 POTY was what made it different enough to be worth making for the POTY. Just compared the mortise opening two my MT's - of course, none have a reservoir. The two 1981's have small airway openings in the tenon, and my 1984 has a large opening - probably for a 6mm filter? I have another 1984 arriving, so I'll check it.

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
Great acquisition. Yeah, the official 'Mark Twain' stamped pipes are not systems - adding the reservoir and condensor for the 2022 POTY was what made it different enough to be worth making for the POTY. Just compared the mortise opening two my MT's - of course, none have a reservoir. The two 1981's have small airway openings in the tenon, and my 1984 has a large opening - probably for a 6mm filter? I have another 1984 arriving, so I'll check it.
I love my two 2022's, though i only smoke ome of them. I've got one 84, one 86 and one 89 as well, I've never smoked them but the previous owners did.

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
I love my two 2022's, though i only smoke ome of them. I've got one 84, one 86 and one 89 as well, I've never smoked them but the previous owners did.
I am embarrassed to admit that I haven't smoked any of my Mark Twains - the 2022 POTY smokes so nicely, and is a system, so I don't see how the MTs could be better. The one arriving tomorrow is kind of ragged on the outside, so I'll see how it smokes.