PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Tony1958

Lurker
May 11, 2024
Georgia
Hello everyone.
I have just joined pipesmagazine.com and I am so overwhelmed (in a positive manner) by the treasure of useful information regarding pipes and pipes.

I have been smoked pipe for twenty years now and although i buy the occasional blends from vendors, my main pursuit is blending my own tobacco. I have been blending English-type tobacco all this time, but recently am researching aromatics. I have found aros to be pleasant with my morning coffee. The aromatics are not my blends. I smoke a few of those from Sutliff and Stokkebye, with a few from Cornel and Diehl.

As far as my own blends are concerned, i am experimenting a lot with Turkish tobaccos and Orientals, I am finding these to have their own unique flavor. I am staying away from the so-called Cypriot Latakia. This does not equal the impact of the Syrian Latakia.

I look forward to share in these forums and thank you for accepting my membership

Best,

Tony1958

BingBong

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
Hello from London UK - I agree that there is a distinct difference between Syrian and Cypriot Latakias, at least in my limited experience of their flavours.