PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Harper

Lurker
May 15, 2024
Good morning everyone, Trevor here.

I live in the North West province of South Africa, in Kosmos. Cigarette smoker for about 25 years. I started with pipe smoking about a month ago to get myself off cigarettes and it turned into something much bigger. I found a love for pipe smoking and culture. Something soulful in breaking away from the rush, sitting and meditating on your thoughts, pipe in hand. I am very much a beginner but taking in hours and hours of reading and YouTube content to try to improve my smoking technique. I hope to develop my pallet so that I too can taste some of the notes people describe so colourfully. Glad to have found this community.

Non-Mentholated Black Man

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 4, 2024
Where Texas Began
Welcome from the Birthplace of Texas.

I hope that you and the other fine people of Kosmos are finding adequate solutions to the challenge(s) of continuing to protect your community, with or without the help/support of your government.

The best smoking technique is simply allowing yourself to think about anything other than the actual mechanics of smoking, which will allow/cause the pipe to smoke itself. Do not worry about keeping it lit or this/that method, just relax and let it happen.

MattRVA

Lifer
Feb 6, 2019
Richmond Virginia
Sounds exactly like why I started with pipes in 2018, I smoked cigarettes for 30 years and it took me a few years to completely give them up. I haven’t had a cigarette since 2021 I think, I’m honestly having a hard time remembering when I quit. 😂 that’s a great sign in my book! Anyway, welcome from Virginia. 💨💨

Reactions: Harper

BingBong

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
Hello from London UK.

I too smoked cigarettes, from Soho down to Brighton, I must have smoked them all... or was that pinball or something? Anyway, filter cigarettes became dissatisfying, I hit Players, then Senior Service and Capstan Full Strength, RYO and, in the evenings, a pipe of Three Nuns. The pipe became the best part of the day and when unfiltered cigarettes became unavailable (well, Woodbines are still available, but... they're Woodbines, y'know?), it was RYO and pipe. Now I smoke a couple of RYO when I wake up in the morning, and then pipe when I get up; pipe tobaccos rule.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Harper