PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffalo

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2022
Central Nebraska
Me too! Although, I do avoid my mother in laws. Here's why:

When my bride and I went to our first Thanksgiving at her mother's, I expected the normal turkey day layout. What I didn't know is: My mother in law CANNOT cook. She rubs the turkey down with table salt. Inside and out. Cooks it until it makes the turkey in Christmas Vacation look like it was the moistest turkey ever, and to top it all of, she doesn't like mushrooms.

Now, not knowing any of this, and having had a few cocktails with my new in laws, it was time to eat. I, like everyone else, loaded up our plates, said grace and then tucked in. Now I love green bean casserole, love it. The first forkful was alright, but something was different than other green bean casseroles I've had. Second bite, yeah, something was definitely off. My new wife looked at me, smiled and asked what I thought. I replied with, your mom's green bean casserole tastes a little.... tangy. Comprehension dawned on her face and she tells me, "Yeah, my mom doesn't like mushrooms, so instead of cream of mushroom soup, she uses...... ranch."

That being said, I avoid the green bean casserole at Thanksgiving, and we have cooked the turkey every year we have attended the feast at the in laws.

Last edited:

Buffalo

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2022
Central Nebraska
And to answer the elf in charge's request:

I smoke virginia and va/pers 95% of the time. Englishes I'm fine with. Lakelands are alright. I'll enjoy an aromatic on occasion, but am kind of picky person with them, not a huge fan of goopy wet artificial flavored ones, but subtle, well done ones are fine in my book.

Edit to add: I can't do anything blended by C&D, something in their blending process reacts badly with my body chemistry and their blends give me splitting headaches with three or four puffs.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Not sure why this isn't clear. This is all she wants for Christmas:

Bitsy-sheep.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.