PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mngslvs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2019
Yarmouth, Maine
Howdy mngslvs and unfortunately, the Maine laws have changed and pipe tobacco can be shipped to Maine only if the recipient has a Maine tobacco license. I have a couple of Maine customers who now have me ship their purchases to either a family member or friend in another state and then have that family member or friend forward their purchases to them. But even then, it is breaking Maine law to ship tobacco into the state to anyone other than a licensed retailer. Such laws just flabbergast me. And if I lived in Maine, where marijuana products can be legally sold, as a private citizen I could ship up to 2.5oz of marijuana to anyone who also lived in Maine. BUT, I could not ship cigarettes, cigars or pipe tobacco to a fellow Maine resident. Go figure...
Hi Steve
I ordered some tobacco from you maybe 6 weeks ago, and received it no problem. Maybe your shipping department had a substitute worker that day ? The next most recent order might have been a year ago, don’t recall, but I received that too. Then again I don’t know exactly when Maine law changed. I have had tobacco from SP sent to a relative in CT, so yeah when I hafta, I’ll use that trick.
Rod

• Wow
Reactions: Tate, Elric and SBC
Status
Not open for further replies.