PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
As others have pointed out a lot of GH bulk , make sure to check out and sample the shags, Kendal Dark, is one of my faves , full flavor good nic hit. Kendal Kentucky and the birdseye , cant go wrong.

Reactions: Sobrbiker
G

Gimlet

Another well worth a try from GH is Revor plug. Delectable taste and scent and burns very cool becoming progressive stronger in nicotine as you progress.
Don't be afraid of plugs. They're very easy to prepare as long as you've got a knife but produce more of a crumble than a course shag when rubbed out as you must slice across the grain, not with it to produce long flakes, otherwise you won't get the full spectrum of flavours in each bowl.

Reactions: Sobrbiker
G

Gimlet

As others have pointed out a lot of GH bulk , make sure to check out and sample the shags, Kendal Dark, is one of my faves , full flavor good nic hit. Kendal Kentucky and the birdseye , cant go wrong.
Don't know if availability is as reliable in the US but in the UK various Kendal flakes are also available as rubbed out shag. But if you like to keep a cellar and dip in and out of blends over time, the flakes and plugs will keep for longer and mature better than shags.

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Another well worth a try from GH is Revor plug. Delectable taste and scent and burns very cool becoming progressive stronger in nicotine as you progress.
Don't be afraid of plugs. They're very easy to prepare as long as you've got a knife but produce more of a crumble than a course shag when rubbed out as you must slice across the grain, not with it to produce long flakes, otherwise you won't get the full spectrum of flavours in each bowl.

I wish Revor Plug were more available here in the US. @peteguy gave me a small sample a while back, and I enjoy it sparingly so as not to smoke it all up!

G

Gimlet

I wish Revor Plug were more available here in the US. @peteguy gave me a small sample a while back, and I enjoy it sparingly so as not to smoke it all up!
It's pretty niche here. Although readily available online, finding it in a high street tobacconist (what few we have) is rare. There's a place not far from me that has it on the shelf all the time. Probably helps that they're about 30 miles away from Gawith's factory.