PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

johnnyflake

Might Stick Around
Jul 29, 2023
Henderson, Nevada
About 10/15 years ago I came across this piece at an estate sale. "Love at first site!" had to have it. after doing some research I was able to learn that, to my surprise, this piece had been made in Japan in the 1940s. It uses a "D" Cell battery, and it still works. In fact, there is a small red bulb in the pipe bowl that lights up. I have never seen anything like it since finding it. I thought some of you might be interesting in seeing it. This is not small. It's about 9" tall x 5" wide and 7" deep.

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 23
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 22
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 18
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 16
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 23

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
What would you like to know? I tell you whatever I can remember. I can't open my previous post from 10/12 years ago to remind myself of the details.
I guess what company and line it was from, were there pipe smoking toys like it made, etc. Really anything you could provide would just be cool to know.

johnnyflake

Might Stick Around
Jul 29, 2023
Henderson, Nevada
As far as I can recall, the company name was "SAN" as you will find on the bottom of the shoes on the toy. Apparently, they made metal mechanical toys, such as horses, elephants, trucks, cars, etc. I remember trying to find something online but never found any. Somewhere along the line I recall learning that this model was made in 1941. That made me eustatic because that is my birth year. There were a few guys that emailed me back then that wanted to know if I would sell it, but I just could not, especially after learning it was made in 1941. I wish I had more information but that's all I can remember.

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
As far as I can recall, the company name was "SAN" as you will find on the bottom of the shoes on the toy. Apparently, they made metal mechanical toys, such as horses, elephants, trucks, cars, etc. I remember trying to find something online but never found any. Somewhere along the line I recall learning that this model was made in 1941. That made me eustatic because that is my birth year. There were a few guys that emailed me back then that wanted to know if I would sell it, but I just could not, especially after learning it was made in 1941. I wish I had more information but that's all I can remember.
Thanks for sharing that!