PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
My dad smoked Lucky Strikes for many many years. When I was a teenager, I would buy him a carton for Father's Day along with a package of the orange circus peanuts candies. Lucky Strikes, orange circus peanuts candies and Spanish peanuts in his bottle of Pepsi were some of his favorite things.

Thanks for posting.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Must. Buy. Lucky. Strikes. MUST. BUY. LUCKY. STRIKES.
Note that Jim Handy saved the deliciously beautiful wholesome young girl for last.

It’s 1943 and the world is at war and there’s a pretty young girl singing

Ma he’s making eyes at me

Ma, he want’s to marry me

She married the bandleader Kay Kyser and they loved and lived happily ever after. Sometimes “me too” works out, you know?.:)

Anything to move the merchandise.:)

Reactions: Zero

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Doctor…doctor…doctor…

That is of course precisely my intention! 😂

Thank you doctor….

View attachment 260871
You're most welcome. I still remember the 8 steps to evaluating a casualty: Real Bad Boys Should Find Better Habits S- 1. Responsiveness 2. Breathing 3. Bleeding 4. Shock 5. Fractures 6. Burns 7. Head Wounds 8. Seek Medical Aid. My medical training is still faintly there...😂 If I were the casualty, I would add 9. If I'm conscious, give me a pipe full of SG 1792 Flake to puff on until help arrives💨😤

Last edited:

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
My dad smoked Lucky Strikes for many many years. When I was a teenager, I would buy him a carton for Father's Day along with a package of the orange circus peanuts candies. Lucky Strikes, orange circus peanuts candies and Spanish peanuts in his bottle of Pepsi were some of his favorite things.

Thanks for posting.
Only works with Pepsi. I use Lance salted peanuts. It's the perfect energy drink if you think about it.

farmer

Lurker
Jan 2, 2022
Arizona
Made by the famous Jim Handy short film maker, this nine minute 1943 commercial is a masterpiece of propaganda. Don’t watch unless you are willing to go buy a carton of real, unfiltered Lucky Strikes.:)

I wasn't even in the planning stages in '43, but I always have enjoyed music from the 1940s & early '50s. And how about all those fedoras! Safety razors. Old Spice. Singers could sing & SING WELL. And some of you are spot on with tenacity & patience. My first experiences were filled with tongue bite from Middleton's Cherry Blend , Half & Half, Peach Brandy but Bond Street was good. Thanks very much for rekindling the memories!