PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
From what I’ve read here and other places it seems like they are mostly on holiday and work on occasion. I haven't ordered from them myself but your post (among others) will probably keep it that way.

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
From what I’ve read here and other places it seems like they are mostly on holiday and work on occasion. I haven't ordered from them myself but your post (among others) will probably keep it that way.
That's a bit of a curve ball for me. What do you mean my post will probably keep it that way?

• Wow
Reactions: woodsroad

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
That's a bit of a curve ball for me. What do you mean my post will probably keep it that way?
Sorry to be unclear. I meant that your experience of them further affirms my view that 4noggins doesn't ship in a timely manner and in general doesn't seem to care. I’ve read that most people get their orders eventually but communication is either very infrequent or non-existent.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
4Noggins definitely does not have a good reputation around here, but there were some things they were carrying, so I thought, what the heck, let me give this a shot.

July, August, and September I placed these months, three separate orders, and to my surprise shipped fast, and received fast, all orders.

So...

I was thinking, things might be turning around...

Darn, sad to hear, there were some other blends I was planning to order...

hmm 🤔

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Are you aware of any other merchants shipping to Oz?
Smoking Pipes and CupOJoes got all woke, and stopped shipped here.

Does it really need to be a USA vendor?

Estervals ships to Australia and a lot of nice EU blends also not sold in the USA.

You can also order from Pfeifen Huber, ohhh and get some of their Golden Virginia Flake;

There’s also Synjeco in Switzerland I believe ships anywhere.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Well, if the name is any indicator, there are only four noggins over there, after all. Perhaps they're a little short--might try hiring a 5th and 6th noggin, just to keep up the PR end, at the very least.

In all fairness, though, I've only received an order from them once, placed by a friend. Showed up quickly, no issues in the interim. I can see how the lack of communication would be disconcerting, though. I probably wouldn't order from them myself.

VDL_Piper

Lifer
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
Christmas is here mate and both the U.S and Australian postal services will have gone out in sympathy with each other. You're more a chance of receiving your package on a sleigh than delivered by these two!

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Has 4noggins gone on holidays? I made an order and it has gone unfulfilled for a working week.
That would likely include Thanksgiving - I have an SP order that shipped today that was ordered yesterday and another that just shipped yesterday that I ordered end of last week (which is uncharacteristic, but nonetheless), we'll see which gets here first!

All you can do is email, so far as I know nobody here works there or can shed insight into why your emails may not be answered. Hopefully you'll get an answer soon.

It's not like you haven't had this same exact situation before . . .

Reactions: SunriseBoy

Hutch Piper

(Hutch1904)
Mar 12, 2022
Charlotte, NC
I enjoy their Weybridge blend so I do order from them occasionally. Never had any issues though shipping is a tad slower than other places I order from.

Reactions: PipeIT

upnorth1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2017
La Belle Province, Canada
Don’t count on their online order system updates. I have orders marked unfilled that I’ve received and am smoking. You’ll probably receive it shortly and still have it marked unfilled online.

SunriseBoy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2021
Toowoomba
Don’t count on their online order system updates. I have orders marked unfilled that I’ve received and am smoking. You’ll probably receive it shortly and still have it marked unfilled online.
So far all orders that they fulfill are notified to me via email that the order is on the way with the transaction details.
Poor form, IMO.

Reactions: AroEnglish