PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
A little story, first:
When I picked up my pipe again, in the early part of this century, after a number of years on cigars, one thing I did was visit a number of what John Patton refers to as "the American Classics". (I had never smoked these before.) The first ones, purchased, appropriately, in a gas station, were Carter Hall, Prince Albert, and Kentucky Club Mild. KCM was my favorite; alas, it is the only one that is no longer available. (This also began my love affair with burley and cobs, but that is another story.) I have spoken of this here, more than once.
A couple of weeks ago, I got a message from Weezell - "Hey, send me your address, got something for you I think you'll like." I did so, and did not think much about it.
Today, on my porch, was a package. I could not recall ordering anything, then I recalled the convo.
Took the package inside and opened it. What should appear but a 14 oz canister of Kentucky Club Mild - still shrink wrapped. Also enclosed was a 3x5 card with the following:
I've had this for (ahem!) a while. Thought you would enjoy it!
I have resisted temptation, and not opened it yet - I have a jar of Milan Tobacco's "Our" Kentucky Club Mild open right now - smoking some in a Mark Twain as I type - but it won't be that long. Probably crack it as I get near the end of the Milan version, to compare.
Thanks, Dave!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
What a generous bunch of derelicts gentlemen exist on this forum! The world can suck it really learn by the example we set. I'm grateful to my Internet Service Provider Kevin for setting this up and to the admins/mods for keeping it a breeding ground for hapless nicotine addicts functioning so smoothly. It's a joy to be in the presence of all you fine folks! Except for @anotherbob of course...

Now, if I could just figure out what this "strikethrough" function is all about... ?