PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
I have been given a gift from a work colleague and friend. The items in the photo belonged to her late father, the Rev William Ramsay DFC who served with RAF Bomber Command during the Second World War. He took part in the three RAF thousand bomber raids, flew 30 bombing mission followed by a further 25 missionson Pathfinder duties. I will think of him and other veterans as I smoke his tobacco.
A very grateful Ettrick puffer.
Happy smokes
62D5E700-E0AA-452D-9FA3-AEEB28F8D335.jpeg

Jul 3, 2020
Scottish Borders
How generous and kind! Wonderful selection. Are the tins still sealed? Do you know the age?, not that it matters, just curious.
The Balkan Sobrani and Macbaren’s tins have been opened but untouched otherwise. The Erimore flake is still sealed in the packet as is the Samson pouches. The Benson and Hedges Mellow Virginia was open with a third of the contents left, I smoked a bowl and it was far better than expected. The gentleman in question stopped smoking in 1989.
Happy smokes
Ettrick puffer

WVOldFart

Lifer
Sep 1, 2021
Eastern panhandle, WV
Gifts that have so much meaning are truly "gifts". Obviously they believed you were worthy of the gift and you will have memories of their generosity and the pastor and veterans etc. etc. Truly a gift that will have meaning with every bowl you smoke. Congratulations!!

Reactions: Ettrick puffer