PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I've been eyeballing a certain pipe for almost six months. It's an olive wood billiard by Mimmo Provenzano - real pretty, right in my size range. Last week I got an email from this particular Italian retailer with a 15% off coupon code. Today seemed a good time to put that code to use... might as well pick up that pipe I've been watching for so long.

So I go to the site... Before getting down to business I decided to browse around and see what's new. Lo and behold, they just got a drop of some very nice new Regina Scarlattas.
Welp.

The Provenzano olive wood pipe is still there, but a wild bent Scarlatta this way comes. I'm happy.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Let us know how it clenches! I’ve always been curious about pipes that have stems pointing upward-ish. I figure you just have the bottom of the button hang on your bottom teeth but no one's outright said that’s how you do it

Reactions: bluegrassbrian

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Let us know how it clenches! I’ve always been curious about pipes that have stems pointing upward-ish. I figure you just have the bottom of the button hang on your bottom teeth but no one's outright said that’s how you do it
Will do- should arrive Monday.
I've found that if a stem on a 3/4 or full bent pipe is too close to 90°, it will require too much leverage on the teeth to keep it clenched.

A more relaxed bend like this Regina may not look like much but it's likely to be more comfortable.
We'll see.

Reactions: AroEnglish

bluegrassbrian

Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
The curve of the shank/stem, paired with the more 45° angle of the bit makes for an effortless clench. Loving it.

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish