PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

remmo87

Lurker
Apr 16, 2024
Hello fellow humans!

I recently bought a tin of pure vanilla Cavendish. At first I found it exciting and enjoyed a few bowls a week, now on the aftermath finding it a little bit boring and too straight forward.

Any experiences and recommendations as to which tobacco to blend it with, how to store it and for how long, to make a tobacco that kinda wants the same, be sweet and mellow, but at the same time more complex and rich.

Thanks and best regards.

seaweed

Might Stick Around
Aug 2, 2023
Maine
Try mixing small amounts into blends you already like. The sky is really the limit. My instinct is to say try mixing with burley, but there’s lots of aro crossovers that are all over the map (Northwoods (English), Glass Slipper (VaBurOr), etc.), so give it a go. I’d start at 25% vanilla and see if you feel it needs more.

If it were me, I’d cut it with some Uhle’s 00 or Five Brothers. I may even add a bit to some Brunello or Capstan to see how it goes. This post is actually making me want to try it out…

Reactions: Old Smokey

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
A simple blending burley would be a good start. Try Peter Stokkebye 702. Minimal topping and a little touch of dark fired.