PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA
1. if you are willing to spend money, search etsy for pipe stands. lots of nice work
2. visit local second-hand shop and garage sales
3. repurpose something to suit (various examples here in the forums)
4. make one!
order is reverse preference for me.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I like stands that are open so all pipes fit. What I mean by open is not circles cut that the pipes slip under. Amazon has a lot of them depending on how much you want to spend. 30 ish for a 5-7 count, to hundreds.
Yeah I went years only smoking straight billiards and apples. Then I finally got a full bent pipe, and needed to cut open one of the stem holes to fit it. I'll eventually just only buy open ended pipe stands.

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
I've always been partial to the carousel style stands that have the open holes cut at the top. This makes it so my cat isn't tempted to try to knock them loose, and I just generally enjoy the way it is displayed. But those are a bad option for churchwardens.

I'm not an expert on churchwardens or anything, but given the long stems, maybe a wall rack would be best? Something a bit more substantial and can accommodate the extra length of the pipes.

Reactions: Doctor Chopper

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
For my first piece of advice is tell us how many pipes you are going to put in it. Then tell us how much you are willing to spend. If you are looking at putting up a pipe rack for more than 20 pipes and cost at least is something of an issue, I'd say the cheapest alternative it to build one yourself. Many members here have done such work but unfortunately, I am not one.

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I have purchased several stands from the KAF pipe workshop in Ukraine. The craftsmanship is impeccable. They are a little pricier, but less costly than some of the options on smoking KAF has a shop on Etsy which I have linked below. They also have some options available for church wardens.

KAF Pipe Workshop