PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Well I guess I have today and tomorrow off, so I am going to go explore the antique shops in a couple of towns that I have never been to! I will report back if I find anything of interest!

triprolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2009
TN
I found the same one as the bigger one in a local smoke shop here in Tn. Brand new they had it for $160. I'd say you won big time!

jimbo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 7, 2010
I've never bought a new pipe rack. My half-dozen or so (mentally counting) all came from flea markets or antique shops and a couple of them are very nice, seemingly one-of-a-kind. Sometimes, they even come with a used pipe or two standing in them. I got one of my favorite smoking pipes (a no-name author) like that. :puffy:
And since they were so cheap, I had no qualms about taking a saw to some of them, cutting out the round holes to make an open slot, so the pipe stems will slip into them instead of having to "thread" them into the rack.
Come to think of it... with my newer pipe aquisitions, I'd better go flea hunting again. :D

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
My score at the antique store today. A hardcover copy of Haunted Bookshop. Displayed here with a pipe from clanobucklin and a bag of , what else? Haunted Bookshop.

hbs1.jpg

bubbadreier

Lifer
Jul 30, 2010
Norman, Oklahoma
Alright so here is my haul from this week...
First is a little Hardcastle pot that I bought for a grand total of $4.

IMG_4562.jpg

Second is a Dr. Grabow Omega that I had to have even though it was $12.

IMG_4564.jpg

Third is a nice little rack that the lady only wanted $5 for.

IMG_4568.jpg

And last but not least was the catch of the week. This very very nice pipe is an Andreas Bauer Meerschaum pipe and I got it for $20.

IMG_4570.jpg

Grand total was about $45 after taxes! It was a great week for certain!

Status
Not open for further replies.