PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

borisfruts

Lurker
Sep 29, 2022
Hi all,
I've been smoking pipes for about 1.5 years now, coming from the world of Cuban cigars. Definitely in love with the hobby, started off with VA flakes and got into English blends fairly quickly.

My most favourite blend so far has been GLP Odyssey, but now I feel the need to experiment somewhat. If you can, please suggest a tobacco, ideally from GLP/C&D/Kopp/Peretti, that would have two things different about it as compared to GLP Odyssey -- a slower burn and a stronger nicotine hit. I find that my 2" by 4" Peterson bowl gives me *just enough* nicotine to get through the day, but not more, and I'd like a bit more.

Thanks all in advance!

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hi all,
I've been smoking pipes for about 1.5 years now, coming from the world of Cuban cigars. Definitely in love with the hobby, started off with VA flakes and got into English blends fairly quickly.

My most favourite blend so far has been GLP Odyssey, but now I feel the need to experiment somewhat. If you can, please suggest a tobacco, ideally from GLP/C&D/Kopp/Peretti, that would have two things different about it as compared to GLP Odyssey -- a slower burn and a stronger nicotine hit. I find that my 2" by 4" Peterson bowl gives me *just enough* nicotine to get through the day, but not more, and I'd like a bit more.

Thanks all in advance!
Welcome. What all else have you tried?

GLP Quiet Nights comes to mind. It has a pinch of Perique, which increases nicotine absorption, and the flake cut would help it to burn slower for you.

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
Have a look at Pirate Kake, Ten Russians and Billy Budd. Plenty of Latakia and vitamin N in those.
More strong ones include;
GH Brown Bogie, Brown Irish X, SG Black XX and Brown No. 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: jpmcwjr