PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oppie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2010
Chicago
I like AM conservative talk. When I was a young man I loved FM music, but there are to many important issues these days. I have to be informed.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Most often FM as I have the radio on for company when I am working on something. More for the noise than the content.

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
Neither...iPod
It's like having my own radio station, plays only the music I like, and if I don't want to hear a song ---- skip

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
For me none of the above.

I listen to Pandora online.

I have the Mancini channel, Marty Robbins channel, Shadowfax channel, and an Alan Parson's Project channel. I also have a Mozart, an ELP,and a few others.

Whatever I'm in the Mood for.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
ditto oppie. Almost all AM conservative talk radio. Some FM jazz. When I was younger it was all music fare for me, but it just isn't in my blood anymore. I dunno why. Around Thanksgiving a local FM station starts playing nonstop Christmas music and I listen to that almost exclusively; and I miss it on Dec. 26th when they stop.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
XM here. A leftover from my days driving a truck. Most of the time, the old radio shows I grew up with.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Wolfgangs Vault ,5600 songs on computer ,300 cassettes . 300 or so vinyl records , reel to reel and eight track . Dont laugh I take care of my stuff .All componets from thrift stores . I may be older and fatter but I can shake the windows when needed .

thecigarsoldier

Might Stick Around
Feb 8, 2010
Wisconsin
Igloo, sounds like an impressive collection. Most of my music in now on the ipod, (I’m a huge 80’s fan) but in the car it’s either XM or local AM Conservative talk.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
I like all music from Karen Carpenter to Nine Inch Nails .The wife and I like to go to the symphoney powerful and moving even for a non Classical listener . A friend gave me a box of old albums , so I hauled a large tower speaker and qd up the Sound of Music full bore into my sleeping daughters room . The sceen that followed was priceless .

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I recently started listening to the local Classical station from 8-11PM as they call it "Adagio" and it is some very calming, soft music that's perfect to smoke a bowl to.

obelus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Portland, OR
Igloo has it about right for me in terms of taste. I don't like other people picking music or deciding what counts as useful information so I tend to avoid radio altogether. Ipod and Rhapsody.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
A lot of different streaming stations: from "alchemist's lounge" (ambient downtempo) to birdsong radio (for the cats!) to danish electro-folk to french rural zithern musique to north african chant to russian teeny-pop to japanese koto & shakuhachi to great arias (gotten into opera lately) to classic country (when i get the workin' man blues) to bollywood to podcasts to...all over the board, basically.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
You know.....To me there is so much NOISE in this world that most of the time I prefer the quiet of no media.... :?

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
I haven't had the "radio" on in either my truck or car in months.
I'm also a big Pandora fan. My puter has a great sound 'system".

Personal stations on Pandora number about 17, everything from Choral Baroque to Rockabilly, artists from Edith Piaf to Carlos Santana.

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
I use my Zuney. Either if's FM tuner, or I let it decide what I should listen to (based upon a song I choose) at which point it creates a playlist off of my Zune's memory or streams new stuff if it can.

Status
Not open for further replies.