PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

avail

Can't Leave
Oct 13, 2015
Michigan
I haven't checked everywhere possible, but notice that some sources don't have any replacement MM bits available for sale. I was planning to get an assortment, but the amber, especially, doesn't seem available. Is it just me, or does anyone have any idea why this is? Thanks...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Missouri Meerschaum in Washington, Mo., has sold replacement stems in the past, as have many retailers, but I haven't bought replacement stems in years. The standard black and amber-colored (not to be confused with the material called amber) are too soft for me, and I chew through them, so I have replaced my MM cob stems with Forever stems, and more recently, bought the special edition pipes and others that come with acrylic stems that are far more durable.

MM cobs last a long time for me. I don't consider them disposable or temporary. Especially if you have quite a few pipes, they can last for decades or a lifetime.

Reactions: ChippewaAce

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I haven't checked everywhere possible, but notice that some sources don't have any replacement MM bits available for sale. I was planning to get an assortment, but the amber, especially, doesn't seem available. Is it just me, or does anyone have any idea why this is? Thanks...
I'd assume they're sold out and waiting for the next shipment from the manufacturer.

Reactions: avail