PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elessar

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2019
I've never done the ankle holster thing. But I like my safariland with the gls retention system so much I bought a spare. That thing rocks. I have the paddle holster version.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Picked up a 642 J frame and am looking for a comfortable and durable ankle holster.
A couple guys I knew carried those in an ankle holster, and really liked those. I tried one down at the range once, but since I have rather large hands I couldn’t really get a comfortable grip on it.

I don’t know what they used for holsters…

The Galco seems to have some pretty good reviews on Midway…

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
I've had several but never worked as well as a sticky holster or a pocket holster by Matt Del Fatti--much more comfortable for me for the mouse gun or pocket rocket (Rohrbaugh R9, Seecamp .32 & .308, S&W Scandium frame .357, & C.T. Brian .45ACP pocket rocket :). Preferred pocket holsters with a shoulder rig for the bigger gat. To each his own. Most likely, I can't touch my toes fast enough to get my trouser leg up and fetch a gun--but it was fun to consider and try. Thanks for the post.
kindly
mike

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I've considered one, but with a knee with just a tiny bit of arthritis post mcl surgery a few years ago that acts up just a little bit now and then (nothing serious at all) I just don't see putting any extra weight around either ankle and having that affect my gait, etc. in any way. Plus my pants and jeans these days except for boot cuts just don't lend themselves to "storage room" at the bottom. Will be interested to see what you come up with.

If I carry, which is rarely and more for things my dog might encounter close up while hunting, it's 90% of the time a little Chief's Special from the 50s - I'd probably prefer something flat against my calf/ankle vs. a revolver, but it slips nicely into a trim pocket holster or frankly, just into an inside coat or vest pocket depending on what I'm wearing and it is primary, not backup, so to speak.

Reactions: Latakia Dave

Peter Peachfuzz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2019
Central Ohio
for primary carry there are much better options.. great idea for a backup gun. As for brand, type, configuration a lots depends on how you dress. Baggy suit pants, jeans, etc. Back when I was driving a lot I went with a shoulder rigs

Status
Not open for further replies.