PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

buggy63

Lurker
Apr 7, 2024
Birmingham. England
I thought we had our quota of Brits? Oh well one more won't hurt, welcome from Florida.

Welcome to the slippery slope of the pipe world!

I think most people find that wive's might find one blend they don't mind the "room note" of, @Briar Lee is a pro in that area.

Hopefully you have a place you can smoke and relax outside while you smoke!
If you start dumping tea again, I`m off....lol

Reactions: Bles and slewthy

buggy63

Lurker
Apr 7, 2024
Birmingham. England
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone - wasn't expecting that!
I only smoke outside, usually whilst walking the dog. So that's most often first thing in the morning, maybe that's why I like the aromatics. I've got to say, it makes me feel far more positive for the rest of the day.
I'm looking forward to reading through different posts of the forum!
My wife has developed a slight cough too but says she not too bothered at the minute. The only thing she`s slightly aware of is the stale smell first thing in the morning....AND my slight obsession with looking for pipe shops in the surrounding area.

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hi
I'm from Shropshire in the UK
Completely new to pipes but loving it.
Got a couple now. An estate Barling and a new Chacom.
Trying out American aromatics and also trying to like Cornish blend.
It's fun. Wife not liking though.
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Reactions: Bles

Bles

Might Stick Around
Apr 18, 2024
Pretoria, SOUTH AFRICA
Welcome. I'm also new to the forum from South Africa. At first, my wife was not too keen on the idea of me smoking pipes but not long afterwards she got used to it. You will notice that once your wife accepts your pipe smoking, pipe smoking becomes much better. I'm not allowed to smoke inside the house but have my designated spot on the stoep where I smoke mostly in the evenings and occasionally during the morning when I'm not at work. All the best with your new ventures in pipe smoking.

"Stoep" is an Afrikaans word for a porch.

slewthy

Lurker
Apr 16, 2024
Shropshire, UK
Thank you for all the kind words and advice.
My wife and I went on a walk today and I had half hoped she might have invited me to bring my pipe. But no. Too soon.
My head is in a much better place after a bowl and maybe that will become obvious to her. Never in the house. Never in public, likely to remain the rule however.

Reactions: Bles

Bles

Might Stick Around
Apr 18, 2024
Pretoria, SOUTH AFRICA
Thank you for all the kind words and advice.
My wife and I went on a walk today and I had half hoped she might have invited me to bring my pipe. But no. Too soon.
My head is in a much better place after a bowl and maybe that will become obvious to her. Never in the house. Never in public, likely to remain the rule however.
Give it some time, soon you'll be laughing about it. My wife started to realise that once I smoked a bowl after a tough day my head was in a better place. Lately after a tough day she will encourage me to have a bowl. Hmmm, lately I'm having a lot of these "tough" days 😂

Reactions: kcghost

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Welcome from Michigan! Glad to hear you’re enjoying the journey so far. Don't fret about your wife too much; miracles do happen. Mine asked me last year to quit as soon as possible but recently has told me that she’s happy if I want to be a lifelong pipe smoker.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Hi
I'm from Shropshire in the UK
Completely new to pipes but loving it.
Got a couple now. An estate Barling and a new Chacom.
Trying out American aromatics and also trying to like Cornish blend.
It's fun. Wife not liking though.

Welcome from New Jersey!