PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoadaydanny

Lurker
Aug 16, 2011
I can't quite justify it, but someone here is probably going to want this enough to shell out $395:
http://www.harpgallery.com/showroom/item11735.html

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
It has obviously been refinished, and it does look like something from the late 30's (to me).

Looks to be quality craftsmanship.

And, I do like the cigar holder in the drawer.

But, to me it appears to be a bit over priced.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I have seen those in that condition or better for a whole lot less money. Even cheaper if you are willing to refinish yourself.

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Not a bad cabinet but over priced. More could be done with the interior design for storage. Not to bad design lines though. I have been wanting to make a nice case, and might refer to this for some ideas. I'm also looking at basing a design off that nice antique cabinet Uncle bought a few months ago. I have a couple hundred BF of local cherry that is dried and ready to work.
:puffpipe:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We've owned this less tricked out version for about 20 years. A friend gave it to us and the top was in pretty rough shape. My Uncle made a new top and we refinished. It has been in our dining room in three different homes for all of those years. Now, finally it has a tobacco related use.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I love these things. But you're right, it's a bit overpriced. Luckily you can probably find another for less.

buzkirk

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
I think it is a reproduction piece, has routered insets for 2 lighters and 2 cutters, all missing !
Nice contemporary piece, Was most likely 395.00 brand new, with all pieces
IMHO

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.