PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

orvet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2023
Willamette Valley of Oregon
I was doing a little antique store shopping this week with a friend. We were looking for pocket knives. No luck on good old pocket knives, but I did find this gem. Hopefully someone can help me date this old Missouri Meersham, as I have no clue when it was made. I have never seen one for sale with this type of stem, I believe it is bamboo. The wooden stems like this were not available even in 1969 when I bought my first Missouri Meersham.

Any information you have that would help me give an approximate date on this pipe would be appreciated. It is unsmoked and pretty much in perfect condition except for the missing part of the label on the bottom of the bowl.

Thank you in advance for your input!

Attachments

• 20230512_104332.jpg
    20230512_104332.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230512_104350.jpg
    20230512_104350.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 20230512_104340.jpg
    20230512_104340.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 39

Ryan

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2021
Noblesville Indiana USA
I was doing a little antique store shopping this week with a friend. We were looking for pocket knives. No luck on good old pocket knives, but I did find this gem. Hopefully someone can help me date this old Missouri Meersham, as I have no clue when it was made. I have never seen one for sale with this type of stem, I believe it is bamboo. The wooden stems like this were not available even in 1969 when I bought my first Missouri Meersham.

Any information you have that would help me give an approximate date on this pipe would be appreciated. It is unsmoked and pretty much in perfect condition except for the missing part of the label on the bottom of the bowl.

Thank you in advance for your input!
If you haven’t already, you might try contacting the company through their website.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
It is amazing. Sometimes you go in these antique/junk shops looking for pipes and they don't have anything. You go back looking for something else and they have a motherlode of meerschaums - there were nine or ten - but I only photographed four. (I couldn't actually examine the pipe because the owner of the store had just left for lunch and forgot to leave the keys to the display cases.)

Meer_deer.jpgmeer_eagle.jpgMeer_Elk.jpgmeer_grabow.jpg