PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

InWithBothFeet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2024
Richmond, KY
I bought a zippo, but it's too small and fiddly in my hands. Got an inexpensive butane with tools on amazon but it's got a tiny reservoir and it just quits with no warning. Are there any hand torch size lighters out there with a big reservoir but a soft flame?
zippo.jpg
butane.jpg
torch.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

InWithBothFeet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2024
Richmond, KY
The Dissim Hammer. I like it, but at $75 I dunno. Their cheapest "sport" lighter is $45ish but has that fancy hole in the grip that reduces butane capacity by I'm guessing half. It does look ergonomic though. I'll keep looking.
hammer.jpg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The Dupont rip-off lighters, made in China- I have four all absolutely well made. Don't use them much as they are heavier than I like, but may fit you well. Originally priced at $20, no idea the price now, but N of $30 I should think.

SootLeaf

Lurker
Sep 18, 2022
Maryland
This little Visol has been a workhorse. I’m not careful with it AT ALL, and three years in hasn’t failed me. The side wheel makes it super easy to strike. Paid $50 for it.
Sorry for the slight thread highjack but I recently bought one of these myself and I love it, but could you enlighten me as to how you change the flint?

Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO
Sorry for the slight thread highjack but I recently bought one of these myself and I love it, but could you enlighten me as to how you change the flint?
Mine has a small sliding piece on top. Pulling it back reveals a small slot into which you can drop a new flint. Push the release tab and the sliding door snaps back into place.

Reactions: SootLeaf
Dec 11, 2021
Fort Collins, CO