Any Meerschaum Pipe Case Makers in The U.S?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I thought it wouldn't bother me as much, as my new meer came with a nice leather bag. However I'm really starting to wish it had a hard case for it. Is there anyone in the U.S. that makes cases for meers?

I could do something like a sunglasses case, or even just keep it in a leather pipe/tobacco pouch I have, but id prefer an actual case for it. And I don't want to ship this thing all the way to Turkey!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Give the accuracy of the fit, I'm almost convinced the cases are pre-made and the pipes are carved to fit them.

• Wow
Reactions: didimauw

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Give the accuracy of the fit, I'm almost convinced the cases are pre-made and the pipes are carved to fit them.

Doing it that way would be MANY times more difficult. "Shaping to a pre-determined size" is mostly what I do, and it's the main reason most pipe MAKERS hate repair work with a passion.

All that's required to create a case interior that fits like a glove is to wrap a pipe in enough non-stick material to gently round any sharp edges, and press it into a material that yields and then hardens. Like plaster of paris, or some type of fine-foam pourable plastic.

Reactions: RustiePyles CPG
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Could this be done without pipe in hand?
Not sure. An email to the carver would provide the answer though. I would think with a photo of the pipe and some dimensions, yes. We’rei the guy making the case, I’d tell you it might have a slightly looser fit as I’d leave a little more play in it than normal.

Reactions: didimauw

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I thought it wouldn't bother me as much, as my new meer came with a nice leather bag. However I'm really starting to wish it had a hard case for it. Is there anyone in the U.S. that makes cases for meers?

I could do something like a sunglasses case, or even just keep it in a leather pipe/tobacco pouch I have, but id prefer an actual case for it. And I don't want to ship this thing all the way to Turkey!
It’s so tiny you could probably use an old school little match box 🤪