Anyone Gonna Be Watching Tucker's Interview With Vladimir Putin?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

24 Fresh Neerup Pipes
48 Fresh Chacom Pipes
3 Fresh Alex Florov Pipes
119 Fresh Peterson Pipes
36 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
Tucker isn’t old enough to remember Hanoi Jane.

View attachment 286494

I know I’m getting older, but I’ve always been on America’s side, right or wrong.

Which reminds me of an old country song, but most of life does:

I looked up Dave Dudley, and no sign anywhere that he fought in any of the wars he potentially could have, Second World War, Korea, or Vietnam. Reminds me of John Wayne, loudly chastising others for not fighting in wars, even though, almost uniquely amongst his Hollywood peers, he never fought in any wars. You couldn't make it up. Good song though.

Jun 9, 2018
England
The interview is gonna be dropping at 6pm ET which is 11pm UK time. No idea if it'll be uploaded to Twitter at the same time or if it'll be exclusive to Tucker's website first.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I’m sure each believes there is some political and/or business opportunity to be exploited and will let folks know how he did or how we should perceive it. It’s a unique event but neither motivate me to watch them comment individually so I predict I won’t access the recording for now.

Reactions: sablebrush52

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I looked up Dave Dudley, and no sign anywhere that he fought in any of the wars he potentially could have, Second World War, Korea, or Vietnam. Reminds me of John Wayne, loudly chastising others for not fighting in wars, even though, almost uniquely amongst his Hollywood peers, he never fought in any wars. You couldn't make it up. Good song though.

I remember buying the Vietnam album as a ten year old in 1968.

A lot of the songs we already knew, such as the title song, by Elton Brit in 1942.

Soldier’s Last Letter

At Mail Call Today

Each Night at Nine

My cousin married a boy before he had to go to Vietnam and all that year she and my mother would cry together over the phone, and he’d send me letters I’d read in class.

I cannot fathom, I just am unable to imagine, the folks that give their sympathies, aid and comfort to America’s enemies.

Tucker Carlson isn’t going to be very welcome at Veterans Day parades, I suppose.

But that’s why all those boys died, so he has the right to snuggle up to Putin.

• Love
Reactions: JOHN72

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Tucker should have the right to go to Red Square.

What makes America so great is we are free to listen to Tucker Carlson and Radio Free Europe both.

I have a friend whose son is the commander of an M-1 Abrahams tank stationed in Poland.

Will ordinary Russians hear Tucker and Vlad chuckling it up? That is doubtful.

But if there was ever a reason to pressure a member of Congress to give aid to Ukraine and Israel, Tucker Carlson’s trip to Moscow ought to outdo Hanoi Jane for that noble purpose.

Tom T Hall wrote the song on the Dave Dudley album that’s likely most played today.

If you live long enough, history goes full circle.

Last edited:

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
I remember buying the Vietnam album as a ten year old in 1968.

A lot of the songs we already knew, such as the title song, by Elton Brit in 1942.

Soldier’s Last Letter

At Mail Call Today

Each Night at Nine

My cousin married a boy before he had to go to Vietnam and all that year she and my mother would cry together over the phone, and he’d send me letters I’d read in class.

I cannot fathom, I just am unable to imagine, the folks that give their sympathies, aid and comfort to America’s enemies.

Tucker Carlson isn’t going to be very welcome at Veterans Day parades, I suppose.

But that’s why all those boys died, so he has the right to snuggle up to Putin.
Hey, nice songs, a real slice of Americana. I'd never heard of any of these singers. The Ernest Tubbs song is particularly sad.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
Hey, nice songs, a real slice of Americana. I'd never heard of any of these singers. The Ernest Tubbs song is particularly sad.

I’m a member of the Humansville Christian Church. It’s totally independent and has no creed but Christ, and was rooted in ancient Scotland.

Since the American Civil War the government has heavily recruited young Christian boys for service to steer ships, guard generals, and special forces where there is no running away.

I served communion to Coxswain Urban Hershel Marlow’s mother and sister countless times.

And each December 7 we’d toll the bell 26 times in his memory.

There were other boys we’d toll the bell for too, on other days.

A hillbilly Christian boy is loyal first to the Master, then to the land of his birth.

Many of the old time songwriters and country artists like Earnest Tubb and others, were Christians, only.

Status
Not open for further replies.