9 Fresh Claudio Cavicchi Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Hello guys, I just read this thread and am more than moved that so many folk care about someone they have never actually met.

I have not been ignoring e-mails, my address has changed and not been updated on the Forum.....will do that on the morrow.

The reason for my absence is basically I just have been feeling so sick that I just didn't feel like being sociable.

The reason for feeling thus is that 2 of my sisters are scheming to swiz me out of a good portion of my share of our late Mother's legacy. The cost to fight them will be significant (even though the will is crystal clear in its form)....and they know that. This has totally buggered up my plans to move to Lincolnshire (if all had gone as it should have, I'd likely be moved already) so I'm still here in sunny Cornwall.

If anyone has experienced this kind of thing then they will understand how sick I feel.

I don't know what my next move is going to be but it's certainly going to involve speaking to an expensive lawyer at some point which I don't relish.

I see I have no fewer than 19 notifications so will work my way through those over the next couple of days, also read some threads to fill myself in on what's been going on in this crazy world we live in.

Again, thanks so much for the kind words and thoughts, they have given me a much needed lift.

Regards,

Jay.

Jay, I’m sorry to hear you’re going through this, but am happy to know you’re okay and still among the living!

This is a nice pick me up. One of my favourite authors and good acquaintance died the other day, which had me feeling down.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
If anyone has experienced this kind of thing then they will understand how sick I feel.

Jay.
Replace sisters with mom and late mother with Grandfather and you'll see how much I understand how apt the term sick is for how such things make you feel. I guess the best advice I can give is at least you know how treacherous some people are and not to let yourself get too close.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
It is the amazing the grief that is caused by siblings when they ought to be united. My father died some years ago and there wasn't a ripple of strife in our family. As you have guessed my father died as poor as a church mouse so there was nothing to squabble about.

Hang in there, Jay. As the old-timers say, "This too shall pass".

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Many historians are change-averse. Which is ironic, since without change, there is no history.
I talked with a historian that said he wished he could live in a certain time period even though he really should know better. Side note I love how when I am learning certain historical stuff I vacillate between oh wow that's so not like now and wow people never change.

• Love
Reactions: edger and woodsroad

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
the original word carried a stronger connotation of pain then home sickness does though.
Homesick takes many forms. Imagine standing in the ashes of your generations old family home remembering the time spent growing up there. It's just a general term that changes with its use. Fully understand though, nostalgia for a past that you can't return to.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Homesick takes many forms. Imagine standing in the ashes of your generations old family home remembering the time spent growing up there. It's just a general term that changes with its use. Fully understand though, nostalgia for a past that you can't return to.
nodding my head to all this.
One homesick thing I find interesting is how often people who move from their home country will find themselves homesick for things they didn't even like when they lived there. Foods they can't get anymore, sports they never paid attention to before. One of the buildings I work is the law school and they also house the School of International Affairs so people from all over the world who are so busy they're ready to chat with anyone. Have had that particular thing confirmed as being insanely common through talking with the students.