PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Nicolasylvain

Might Stick Around
Jun 18, 2022
France
What the.. Preston??!

Surely you have some personal connection with it (hometown, birth place, family there) or you're pulling our leg, every single one of us.

If that is not the case.. you really need to go to Bath, Oxford.. Windsor.. heck almost any other town in England to discover better things

Reactions: romaso and jpmcwjr

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
what's the old saying? No accounting for taste. Or something like that. And you never know what experiences people have in a place or what filter they see the world through. There is also the possibility the guy used a really sub par travel agent and thought he was in one town when actually in another.

Mtlpiper

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2019
Montreal, QC
Welcome to the board Arif. Preston you say?? What makes Preston a favourite spot in the UK out of curiosity?

OK... it was odd enough that I had to google it up. There's a YouTube channel by the OP. He has clearly visited (and taken some nice drone shots) of various other spots in the UK. Glad you're enjoying the place Arif.

I also enjoy Lancashire! But as a Yorkshireman, I'm somewhat biased.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Welcome to the board Arif. Preston you say?? What makes Preston a favourite spot in the UK out of curiosity?

OK... it was odd enough that I had to google it up. There's a YouTube channel by the OP. He has clearly visited (and taken some nice drone shots) of various other spots in the UK. Glad you're enjoying the place Arif.

I also enjoy Lancashire! But as a Yorkshireman, I'm somewhat biased.
Guessing the link will make his day -- looks like he joined all sorts of forums, pretty much the same post to start, a marketing effort, starting a channel apparently, never to be heard from again. I checked out the Stonehenge vid, actually not that good, but I only looked at one. Maybe the pipe interest is real, would be nice if it was and OP will actually participate in a meaningful way.