PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
Hi all, I've been having a craving for more aromatics of late and want to branch out a bit from my trust Country Squire blends like Rivendell and Old Toby.

I know Lane Limited makes the CB line, and has their cousins, 1Q, RLP, and BCA among others.

I'm wondering how the 7 Seas line compares to CB and Lane aromatics.

What are your thoughts those of you who have smoked all 3 lines?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm not much on CB and 1Q, and I haven't tried 7 Seas. I like SWR Aromatic, burley based with Virginia as a condiment and flavored with three liqueurs, tobacco forward and not at all goopy. I think it may burn better and more evenly with fewer relights than the other two I've tried.

Reactions: NomadOrb

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
I'm not much on CB and 1Q, and I haven't tried 7 Seas. I like SWR Aromatic, burley based with Virginia as a condiment and flavored with three liqueurs, tobacco forward and not at all goopy. I think it may burn better and more evenly with fewer relights than the other two I've tried.
I have a pouch of SWRA, I'll have to give that a try. I've heard good things.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
The Seven Seas line is great in my opinion. Basically it's Captain Black with less PG so you can actually dry it out a bit. It's still got a bit so it may take a while to get it as dry as I like. Basically that seems to be the biggest difference. If you're sensitive to the taste of PG and like the way Captain Black smells, then Seven Seas is for you. Never tried the lane stuff extensively enough to comment on them.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
The Seven Seas line is great in my opinion. Basically it's Captain Black with less PG so you can actually dry it out a bit. It's still got a bit so it may take a while to get it as dry as I like. Basically that seems to be the biggest difference. If you're sensitive to the taste of PG and like the way Captain Black smells, then Seven Seas is for you. Never tried the lane stuff extensively enough to comment on them.
I'm more interested in 7 seas because I've read that the tobacco is also present and not just the topping. One of the reasons I've stayed away from the lane blends. I purchased some of each 7 seas aside from the cherry, I think they will suit what I'm looking for the best out of the three options.

Thanks for your feedback.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
You might also want to consider looking at some of the other options available in aromatics. I am not a big smoker of aromatics, but I do enjoy Larsen's Signature. C&D also makes a number of aros, as do Sutliff and Peter Stokkebye.

Reactions: NomadOrb

Alex.Jr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2020
I am probably alone here but I much prefer the captain. 7 seas seems way more goopy to me and way more heavily topped.