PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
I carved this pipe because i had in my hands a very big with no fills piece of briar.I take much fun working on similar pieces because of the material i can carve everything,every shape the fantasy ask.the problem and then the question i'm posing you is how big is acceptable in a pipe? This one is 20 cm long 5 cm large and weight is 170 grams

Maurizio
80341632.jpg

23809335.jpg

66402063.jpg

44572235.jpg

35720720.jpg

nikko

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2011
I feel like the question you posed is one of pure opinion. It is like asking what the best pipe tobacco is. Too some, the pipe may be too monstrous, and you could never read a paper over it, and it is definitely not a clench-er pipe. But to others, this is perfect. It is something that will smoke for about three or four days straight, and is in itself, very unique. I personally like it, and if it was mine, I would smoke it in public as often as possible, because that pipe would be great a conversation starter.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
now viewing those 42cm wide images would be perfect if my screen was about twice as wide. maybe 3 times.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
now viewing those 42cm wide images would be perfect if my screen was about twice as wide. maybe 3 times.
Hold ctrl and press the minus key repeatedly, alternatively scroll down with the ctrl key pressed. Or use the menus.

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Don't remember how much i worked on it,but usually the complete work for a similiar pipe needs 20-30 hours,drilling carving, sanding,polishing etc etc including the work on mouthpiece.So the last fase (sand,polish,stain) it takes 3-4 hour,sometime more,rarely less

Maurizio

pentangle

Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
bore is near 24 mm and so deep that if you want to make it full probably needs an entire tin of tobacco.When i firstly planned to do a bigger bore was scared by that

Status
Not open for further replies.