PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Ive been buying ser jacs, Radice, Ardor, and a Caminetto. As the title asks, how do Ascorti pipes compare? Im drawn to a few of their designs.
Also their price points are pretty reasonable, even for new but Im mostly looking at estates which are really affordable.

Still sick in bed not smoking. Shopping wont hurt my throat haha

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Ive been buying ser jacs, Radice, Ardor, and a Caminetto. As the title asks, how do Ascorti pipes compare? Im drawn to a few of their designs.
Also their price points are pretty reasonable, even for new but Im mostly looking at estates which are really affordable.

Still sick in bed not smoking. Shopping wont hurt my throat haha
I have nine from the late 1970s to mid-1980s. All of them are great smokers.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I have 4 I think and they are all well made and are good smokers. If you like their aesthetics they are a good choice. You definitely get your moneys worth in my opinion and you can often find great deals on estates

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I have had several. All good pipes. The newer Ascortis, like the new Caminetto, have a substantially higher price point than, say, Radice. For me this makes Radice a better value. However, no matter the maker it is difficult to go wrong with any handmade Italian pipe.

BigEd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 19, 2023
Franklin, TN
I have a few and they all smoke well. Probably my second favorite brand behind the Savinelli Autograph.