PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

CrabbyPiper77

Lurker
Mar 24, 2024
Illinois
I can only seem to find codger blends at local B&Ms. There is one near my house that has a decent selection of Mac Baren blends. They are over $20/tin so I am afraid to buy any of them in case I don’t like them. I smoke mostly aros but have been dipping my toe in the Boswell English crossovers Countryside and Northwoods. I love the both of those.Are any of these besides the symphony and vanilla cream worth buying? Thank you in advance!

Mac Baren Scottish Blend

Mac Baren Cherry Ambrosia

Mac Baren 7 Seas Gold

Mac Baren 7 Seas Royal

Mac Baren Symphony

Mac Baren Vanilla Cream

Mac Baren 7 Seas Red

Mac Baren Black Ambrosia

Mac Baren Virginia No. 1

Erinmore
IMG_6900.jpeg

Chuck

Last edited:

CrabbyPiper77

Lurker
Mar 24, 2024
Illinois
Since we don’t know your tastes, it’s not possible to say if you’d like these blends or not. You may want to check tobaccoreviews.com and see what the descriptions and reviews say.
Good point! Sorry! I should have said that I smoke mostly aros but have been dipping my toe in the Boswell English crossovers Countryside and Northwoods. I love the both of those.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Of those present, I have only tried Mixture Scottish Blend and Vanilla Cream. If you're finding aromatics to be within your comfort zone, Vanilla Cream is a pretty reliable standard in that realm. I didn't enjoy Scottish much, kind of a "kitchen sink" type of blend, with lots of different stuff going on, too much for my taste. It's classified as an aromatic, but it's probably the most non-aromatic aromatic I've ever had, if you catch my drift.

But to echo what others here have said, you'd ultimately be the best judge yourself.

Reactions: CrabbyPiper77