PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

wanderer0311

Lurker
May 6, 2024
Hi all - just joined the pipe world a couple months ago and preparing for the world of buying/selling on here. For those who have shipped part of their tin tobacco, did you send in a bag or jar?

And if it was a bag, does it matter if it is sent in a mylar or ziplock bag?

proteus

Lifer
May 20, 2023
Connecticut (shade leaf tobacco country)
You might want to read the rules about buying and selling on this forum to understand the process and also introduce yourself in the new member topic. Mostly the sales are whole unopened tins so the shipping carrier isn't an issue.

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
For those who have shipped part of their tin tobacco, did you send in a bag or jar?

And if it was a bag, does it matter if it is sent in a mylar or ziplock bag?
I'd say that depends on the efficiency of your postal service and how far you're sending them

A generous mate often sends me samples of tins he has just opened in ziplock bags.
They usually arrive within 2-3 days.

I keep them in those same ziplock bags for several months without any problems

Reactions: wanderer0311

wanderer0311

Lurker
May 6, 2024
You might want to read the rules about buying and selling on this forum to understand the process and also introduce yourself in the new member topic. Mostly the sales are whole unopened tins so the shipping carrier isn't an issue.
Thanks! I did read the rules sticky but didn’t find info on if there was a recommended mode of packing and shipping open tobacco. This is totally for 1oz samples to send as gifts here and there, not sell.

And ah good point. I did not introduce myself. I just don’t usually do that, but can do here!