PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
Hoping for some help from Y'all.. I bought these two pipes off Marketplace for $40 CAD including a pipe stand. From the pictures, they looked like meer lined briars from Belgium. I met a lady in a dark parking lot and did the transaction. It wasn't until I got home that I realized they were acrylic (I think) not briar. I've tried to find some information on these, but can't find anything. They are well made, vulcanite/metal stems. Has anyone seen these before? Are they just cheap counter pipesAcryl 1.jpgAcryl 2.jpgAcryl 3.jpgAcryl 4.jpgAcryl 5.jpg? They were very well smoked and the stems were some of the most oxidized I've seen. Pictures here are after two separate Oxy baths and a bit of sanding. I'm going to clean them up and smoke one of them to see how they smoke. Any ideas?

Reactions: yanoJL

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Think they’re Bakelite or something similar. A short lived ‘fad’ from the 20’s & 30’s. Don’t know if yours are that old……maybe they didn’t catch on in Belgium until after the war.

Reactions: JSPiper71

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
That's what these are for sure. Thank you! I now see that one of them says 61/80. How is a plastic pipe so exclusive that they make it a limited run?!?! lol