PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

avail

Can't Leave
Oct 13, 2015
Michigan
Gents - Need some ideas for transport/travel of pipe smoking kit. I've seen all kinds and prices on the supply house web sites, but would like a few hints so as to not to buy something that is a bad idea.
Any suggestions appreciated, thanks...

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I use The Man Bag. Purses are for girls, but men can have a Huge Man Sack. Basically one of these.... I can carry a pipe, tobacco, medication, etc... I hate having pockets filled with crap. Also I'm a huge fan of Mont Blanc ;)

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I prefer the cheap, plastic roll up with with rubber lining for the tobacco. Pipes go in various pockets and stuffed in a sock in the luggage. If I'm going where I can't purchase tobacco, tins go in luggage with one in my carry on photo equipment bag. The leather, multi pipe purses with tobacco and tool storage are just too cumbersome for me.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
You do need to determine how you plan to use it. I travel on the road, for one or two days at a time. For that use, I have a single-pipe fold over bag, which holds tobacco and my tools. It has a rubber lined section for tobacco, but I just put my two days blend in a small ziploc (I save the ones from tobacco shop). I don't think the fold over keeps the tobacco moist enough and I swap blends, so the ziploc makes that easy. Mine is fabric, about $15 in most places. This also fits in my pocket for easy carry.

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
You could always do like the American Indians.. store your tobacco in some Buffalo testicles.... but only if you have the balls to do so... :wink:

avail

Can't Leave
Oct 13, 2015
Michigan
You guys are a riot...!
Buffalo testicles

Haven't seen this product available at any supply house, just yet...
The use is for something to put in my luggage for a few days away, or something that can sit on the car seat with a small stash of blend and one or two pipes. Not gonna carry a purse!
For a day's use they may be convenient, but appreciate the advice about the pouches losing moisture.

rhoadsie

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2013
Virginia, USA
These work well when taking two different blends...
35_36b.jpg

Available here...
http://www.australiagift.com/scrotum_shop/scrotum.htm

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
This conversation took the usual path one could expect here. BUT, if you're looking for a tobacco pouch this one from P&C is great. Russ O. uses it for his stuff and it looks durable due to it's unique construction. The price is right and you won't worry about leaving it unattended.
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-pouches/86467/p-c-plaid-roll-up-pouch/

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
What I really want is a bandolier for pipe, tin, matches, tamper and drink of my choice. Maybe a 1911 for varmints.

foolwiththefez

Can't Leave
Sep 22, 2015
Sunny FL
Holy crap, if I hadn't finished my Christmas shopping yesterday several of my friends would be getting kangaroo scrotum pouches to store their tobacco. Maybe next year.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I use one of these - love it.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/maxpedition-fatty-pack-great-pipe-bag

jitterbugdude

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2014
I use one of these - love it.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/maxpedition-fatty-pack-great-pipe-bag
Those are very useful. I picked up about 2 dozen of those a few years ago (from a project where I work). I use them for tools, first aid kits, knick -knaks. Never thought about pipes and tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.