PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

RudyH

Might Stick Around
Sep 1, 2022
Wisconsin
I like the BIC EZ Reach lighters for pipe smoking. It's very good at directing the flame where needed to light a pipe. They are widely available at national retailers like Walmart. The flame is not adjustable but it is a good practical size for lighting a pipe. I prefer them to the standard BIC lighter. Cost is typically around $2 each.

1662125666812.png

LOREN

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2019
Illinois -> Florida
I like the BIC EZ Reach lighters for pipe smoking. It's very good at directing the flame where needed to light a pipe. They are widely available at national retailers like Walmart. The flame is not adjustable but it is a good practical size for lighting a pipe. I prefer them to the standard BIC lighter. Cost is typically around $2 each.

View attachment 166542
I’ve mentioned these lighters before. They work well for me.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Crocs make a similar version of the EZ lighter that sell for $1.25 at the Dollar Tree.

I tend to enjoy Bic lighters over a Zippo and EZ over regular lighters. The Crocs version of the EZ is my price.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
I like the BIC EZ Reach lighters for pipe smoking. It's very good at directing the flame where needed to light a pipe. They are widely available at national retailers like Walmart. The flame is not adjustable but it is a good practical size for lighting a pipe. I prefer them to the standard BIC lighter. Cost is typically around $2 each
I agree. That's what I use. The flame is smaller and thinner than the regular bic lighter. They work great for pipes and don't flame over the rim. 🔥

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I was a noob when I got a Beattie Jet about 1967. Fun to play with, but I wouldn't now light my pipe with one, because, for one, I'd have to buy another.