PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
That’s clearly a clay pipe. You can see the seam on the material and the cork in the mortise is a dead giveaway.

At best that eBay seller is ignorant, but, ignorance isn’t an excuse for negligence. At worst that eBay seller is a full blown scammer.

Said.ALTINAY

Might Stick Around
One thing about Said, he sure does reply fast!

Hello Adam
Hope you are doing well.
Thank you very much for reporting this abusement.
Regards

Said ALTINAY
I just saw this topic.😅
After your e-mail (by the way, thank you again for informing me about the issue), I wrote to the man and the next day I saw that he had unlisted the product.

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
I have quite a few 9mm meerschaums. I suggest looking at MBSD meerschaum pipes, and Black Meerschaum. They are excellent people who sell high quality and large sized meerschaum pipes.
Ironically, the first and last time I ever communicated with them was to tell them that a pipe they were selling as 'meerschaum' was actually clay. At the time their feedback was under 100 so they were just getting started and I thought I was helping. I got a snarky reply and they showed me a briar pipe and asked if it was meerschaum. It looks like they have expanded and figured things out.

BrightDarkEyes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 16, 2024
Shuswap, British Columbia
Ironically, the first and last time I ever communicated with them was to tell them that a pipe they were selling as 'meerschaum' was actually clay. At the time their feedback was under 100 so they were just getting started and I thought I was helping. I got a snarky reply and they showed me a briar pipe and asked if it was meerschaum. It looks like they have expanded and figured things out.
That’s hard to believe. I am guessing it wasn’t Black meerschaum because they are from Turkey and would know how to identify meerschaum.

runscott

Lifer
Jun 3, 2020
Washington State
That’s hard to believe. I am guessing it wasn’t Black meerschaum because they are from Turkey and would know how to identify meerschaum.
I hadn't heard of Black meerschaum. The seller had a clay listed as meerschaum. People new to clay and meerschaum make that mistake fairly often, as we have seen. I just told them it was clay and explained why. They got defensive, but eventually changed the listing. My guess at the time was that someone got hold of a whole lot of estate meers and had no idea what was going on. So now I assume they have learned.