PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
I know I was on a quest to find some funky, colourful, feminine pipes but, for the love of all things holy, I didn't expect to turn up anything quite like these "creations" by Vauen. Noooooo, I will NOT be ordering:
http://www.pipe-shop.net/Shop/cgi-bin/his-webshop.cgi?f=KOLLEKTION&c=pipeline&start=1&dif=6&t=temsearch_artikel_tobacco_pipe
The quest continues, methinks it will be a lifelong one, because there really is not much prettiness out there, and I'm afraid cows' udders and mice just don't cut it for me. I wish someone would publish a list of female pipe artisans but, alas, I can find nothing on the topic.

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Try these, Di.
http://www.polyvore.com/decorative_wooden_smoking_pipe_with/thing?id=4000365
http://www.polandbymail.com/get_item_700132_decorative-wooden-smoking-pipe.htm

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Thanks Philip & Marc but the pipes I have in my mind's eye are polished (or waxed) Briar with classy coloured long, bent Lucite stems, fancy ferrules in Lucite, Bone, Wood, Silver, Brass etc - I want all that for a song too I might add lmao! From my observations thus far, the most likely manufacturer of those sorts of "semi-fancy" pipes will be the Italians, flashy but sylish.

chromenut

Lurker
Nov 8, 2011
I can see what you mean. Personally, I like my pipes "out there" a bit. Standard old fashioned pipes to me are just that, old fashioned. I'm always watching for something different, artsy, cool. Here's a few nice ones, and priced right, but still somewhat concservative:
004-006-6004.jpg

004-006-5064.jpg

004-006-5453.jpg

004-006-6026.jpg

004-006-5377.jpg

002-033-5997.jpg

004-008-1195.jpg

002-512-0061.jpg

chromenut

Lurker
Nov 8, 2011
Oh, also if you want a very nice, sexy pipe that's also a fabulous smoker, try the Gouda clays. I love mine, this one is one of my very favorites. Never gets hot, and unless you're huffing and puffing you're never going to get tongue bite out of this pipe.
Gouda03.jpg

Gouda04.jpg

Personally, not at all like the old school clays, but gorgeous on a stand, and wonderful in the hand.

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
I must be the fussiest, most contrary bitch on the planet ... the Savs & others, whilst beautiful pipes indeedy, are still all too masculine for my tastes. I love the olde world lucite that is subtle, like used in fountain pens (rich, dark ruby, greens, blues)

terry

Oct 7, 2011
Keep Looking Aussielass..one will show up sooner or later! :puffy:

dylan793

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2011
Buchanan, GA
Anyone know anything about getting some custom work done? That may be your only option aussielass :( those are some pretty darn specific parameters for pipe design

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
LMAO Terry, one??? I want x 100!!!
Dylan I've PM'd Uncle Arthur, apparently he's Da Man but I think he's sadly still having prolems with his hand as he's not been around of late. I do hope he's ok.

ichbinmuede

Feb 17, 2011
Well if you take a look there are some very reasonably priced (good smokers too if my own is any indication and I think it is) classic and classy ladylike pipes right here.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Check this one out, billed as a "ladies pipe".

http://www.etsy.com/listing/71422285/vintage-1930s-1940s-pipe-ladies-jeweled?ref=sr_gallery_24&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=smoking+pipes&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=4&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_facet=vintage

il_570xN.268959499.jpg

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
When it comes to Vauen and not standard pipes I think this one is pretty nice:
6271__big.jpg

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Nope, all way too blokey boys.
I love the concept of Meerschaum, how it smokes etc, but am so skeptical of the crap they use in the stem fittings - those push pull lightweight plastic fittings look like they won't last more than a week. I started with a small supposed "block" Meer & it fell apart after 5 smokes despite me treating it ever so gently.
I just bought an antique plain Meerschaum with a 9ct gold ring, case etc for a song and am hoping that it may be a better quality than the modern ones they churn out.
The Vauens, their attempt at "funky", for want of a better word, look bad enough in small photos, enlarge them and the finish is hideous imo.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Lass, why not a Kirsten pipe? Similar to a Falcon, but you can get a full bent stem if you want. Personalize it to your taste. Black stem and meerschaum bowl or silver stem and rusticated bowl. Gold stem and a polished bowl.
Kirtsten Pipe Styles

Status
Not open for further replies.