PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

fightnhampster

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 14, 2019
Indiana
So I was fortunate enough to get an advanced copy of this book, and I was so excited. "Five Decembers" begins in the fall of 1941 with a gruesome crime in Hawaii and a Honolulu PD detective who is put on the case. It turns out the victim had a relative in high places which adds to the pressure to get the crime solved. Without giving anything else away, the detective tracks the killer to Asia but just as he is about to get him , world events quickly throw a grenade into the mix. It doesn't take an advanced historian to figure out what event that might be.

The novel is well written, fast paced and a great read for anyone who likes detective stories and WWII. Highly recommend it

I am a huge fan of the Hard Case Crime, the publishing house that put it out, and have dozens of their books. For those who don't know, This publisher prints out of print, new and never before printed pulp crime novels. They are worth collecting just for the pulp cover art.

I am not affiliated with this company and was not paid to review the book. I just want these guys to succeed as I love their books and figure guys on here might like them as well. Enjoy!

8148ukArOdL.jpg

Last edited: