Boswells Shop Meet-Up -Nov 18th (PA area)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

2 Fresh J. Alan Pipes
60 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
24 Fresh Ropp Pipes
12 Fresh Randy Wiley Pipes
New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc

Mike N

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 3, 2023
Love their blends, especially “Route 22,” named for an old highway which runs through my hometown and past one of Boswell’s two Pennsylvania shops. See photo below. It would be a journey for me from near the Pittsburgh area, but may be worth it.

I am attending a National Fishing Lure Collectors Club meet in Akron, Ohio, the week prior, and plan a stop at The Pipe Rack in Akron, founded in 1968 and still going strong.

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpeg
    IMG_0283.jpeg
    124.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Is this meet-up open to all on these forums? And is there an “agenda”?
Open to all. The shop is open for regular business, so there are regular patrons there as well. No agenda, just good camaraderie.

From the thread on the other forum. I never get up in time for breakfast and I'm not a fan of scrapple...
Many of us meet at the Chambersburg Diner at 8:00 to fill up on scrapple and eggs, then head to the shop from about 900 til about 300.

Dr. Van Loafer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 3, 2022
Indiana
This is ironic as I was tentatively planning to make my first visit to Boswells on 11/18. Traveling to visit family that weekend and Boswells is not that far out the way so I was musing a stop. I dont think I would have time for an extended time in the lounge; nor am I sure what time I would arrive. All this sounds non-committal, but one is never sure how roadtrips will go with littles.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I can tell you that we, the self-titled "Boswells Hooligans" despite the name, are a very informal, friend and welcoming group. Usually there are some donuts and always there are tons of tobacco to try. We all definitely make purchases of tobacco and/or pipes, so the group taking up the generous lounge area is always a positive for the shop.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Scrapple is some good stuff, that said, it's not my top choice. I'd order bacon above all else. But if it's a place that people say, "you gotta get their scrapple" then order up!
I prefer to get scrapple. Mainly because the girl hates it and that means it's not practical to make at home, I don't know anywhere I can buy it in a smaller amount. Bacon on the other hand I can cook about as much of that as i want at home and have zero worries about having more then we'll eat.