PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Got a Dr Grabow Savoy to help with this journey. Now need different tobaccos.
G'day and welcome from Oz.
z-aussie beach flag bikini girl.jpg
Got to one of the on-line tobacconists and order 1oz of as many genres and blends as your income allows to find your preferences.

Tastes change so don't ditch anything you don't like.
As your tastes develop, what you don't like today you may well enjoy in the future.
Properly stored, tobacco will keep for decades.

I switched to a pipe over 12 years ago to free myself from a serious cigarette addiction.
For that reason and because I inhale every few puffs, I choose mild blends with mild nicotine.
[The interesting thing there is that many members here smoke blends with decent levels of nicotine that would turn me green, yet none report that they experience addictive cravings. It's one of the many things that leads me to believe that cigarettes have additives that are way more addictive than Vit N]

MM cobs are fine smokers. I've six in my rotation of pipes.

Learning to smoke a pipe is a bit of a learning curve for sure, that gets better and better with experience.
Before I found pipe forums I didn't have much of a clue really.
Thanks to members support [where no one ever made me feel stupid when I asked 'dumb' questions] I'm now a freakn expert puffy

z-evil laugh - austin powers alter ego.jpg

Hudsona14

Lurker
Oct 30, 2022
Palestine TX
G'day and welcome from Oz.
View attachment 178538
Got to one of the on-line tobacconists and order 1oz of as many genres and blends as your income allows to find your preferences.

Tastes change so don't ditch anything you don't like.
As your tastes develop, what you don't like today you may well enjoy in the future.
Properly stored, tobacco will keep for decades.

I switched to a pipe over 12 years ago to free myself from a serious cigarette addiction.
For that reason and because I inhale every few puffs, I choose mild blends with mild nicotine.
[The interesting thing there is that many members here smoke blends with decent levels of nicotine that would turn me green, yet none report that they experience addictive cravings. It's one of the many things that leads me to believe that cigarettes have additives that are way more addictive than Vit N]

MM cobs are fine smokers. I've six in my rotation of pipes.

Learning to smoke a pipe is a bit of a learning curve for sure, that gets better and better with experience.
Before I found pipe forums I didn't have much of a clue really.
Thanks to members support [where no one ever made me feel stupid when I asked 'dumb' questions] I'm now a freakn expert puffy

View attachment 178547
Thank you for the sound advice. I will definitely look into the online stuff especially since there is not a really worth while where I live. There has been a great out pouring of welces and knowledge so far and that is appreciated greatly.

Reactions: chopper

Andre_T

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 17, 2018
Long Island, New York
I am on Palestine Texas.
I am unsure about Dallas I think there is a club there. That said you may want to take a trip weekend after next the The Texas Pipe Show is happening. Texas Pipe Show | 2022 Annual Texas Pipe Show and Slow Smoke Located in Cedar Hill Texas - https://www.texaspipeshow.com/ I know you may think you are new and might not be ready for a pipe show Especially driving 3-4 hours each way but I sincerely hope you take a look. They are amazing things to go to especially as a new person to the hobby. Besides they are great way to prove that you aren't alone in this hobby.

Edit: My bad I was thinking the distance to Austin from Palestine. There is zero reason not to go to the Dallas area. I know they have a club there.