PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Or you know close... these beats out the lightly smoked thread but a few bowls.

Condition
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item (including handmade items). See the seller's listing for full details.
See all condition definitions

Screen Shot 2023-08-13 at 12.09.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-08-13 at 12.09.30 PM.png

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Four out of five phone calls I answer are scams, and the phone companies do exactly zero to combat this. Lying is more common and more of a money maker than any form of truth telling, so it grows exponentially.

We carefully cultivate and protect scams, crooks, and fraud. We essentially ignore and pass off truth telling and honesty. You get what you pay for.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
He/she/it/them forgot to mention most important fact. Never smoked by the seller. No idea what smoked pipe looks like, and can't tell the difference between chicken salad and chicken shit.

Reactions: sardonicus87

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Four out of five phone calls I answer are scams, and the phone companies do exactly zero to combat this. Lying is more common and more of a money maker than any form of truth telling, so it grows exponentially.

We carefully cultivate and protect scams, crooks, and fraud. We essentially ignore and pass off truth telling and honesty. You get what you pay for.
My sympathy. My wife got some kind of service for our phone that blocks "most" spam call. But for those that get through I have several responses. I guess my favorite is "I can't talk right now, I'm just leaving for my daughter's funeral, but I'll be back shortly". puffy

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii

Are your numbers listed on the National Do Not Call Registry? It does help...

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
My sympathy. My wife got some kind of service for our phone that blocks "most" spam call. But for those that get through I have several responses. I guess my favorite is "I can't talk right now, I'm just leaving for my daughter's funeral, but I'll be back shortly". puffy
I have to answer calls since I rarely know a new clients phone number, BUT when it turns out to be a scam call i immediately respond with ….

Thank god you called , there’s blood everywhere, what do I do now?

Pipercat

Lurker
Aug 14, 2023
Had something similar happen. Bought two pipes off of someone on ebay. One "lightly", the other unsmoked. Nowhere near accurate. I don't know what they smoked in both of them, but it is foul. I could smell it before I even unwrapped them, and they are not old. Surprised they made it to me without getting nabbed because of the stench. Smells like some really nasty tobacco. I hope.....

I also had one that was described as "immaculate condition". It was burned out all the way into the shank.... Was way beyond the point of being able to use pipe mortar to fix it. The photos where a bit fuzzy, so that should have been a red flag. They were at least kind enough to refund me, and admitted they didn't really know how to evaluate pipes. I mean it did look nice from the outside, lol. It is a nice wall hanger.