PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Saw this yesterday in a German pet shop, then googled and apparently it's a thing in the UK too (example).

Feels like an insult, though I am aware that these are the unusable roots most likely. They were smoothened, probably by sandblast.

unnamed.jpg

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Reactions: Indygrap

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
LOL yeah exactly, my dog is big too, wouldn't get to even gnaw anything, two bites and the pipe is gone...

What a stupid idea, really! What's next, making leather chew toys look like shoes?
Right?? You can have THIS chunk of briar, but THIS one is off limits.....ha yeah right.

Reactions: karam

Alejo R.

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Saw this yesterday in a German pet shop, then googled and apparently it's a thing in the UK too (example).

Feels like an insult, though I am aware that these are the unusable roots most likely. They were smoothened, probably by sandblast.

View attachment 298051
Yes, I put the link to a news story about the seizure of tons of briar taken from a Spanish national park in a post about the origin of heather. Apparently they are preying on the species for that purpose.

makhorkasmoker

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 17, 2021
Central Florida
Here the article
I read that article when you posted it on another thread. I have wondered since if you or someone had started a thread focusing on that article or on the subject of illegal briar harvesting in general. It seems, to me at least, that it would be an important topic of discussion here. Thanks for for bringing it to our attention. I have not seen anything about it in the English language press

Reactions: Alejo R.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Well, if they were dirt cheap, I'd okay if that's what you want. But at 20 euros I'd say hell no. Seems like a waste of briar but I am probably being sensitive.