PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I spoke with him about a Meer issue several weeks ago and then contact just stopped --- seemed like a really nice guy. If not hearing from him was related to any health issue I'm glad I didn't bug him. Would have looked forward to a trip to his shop - sad news for sure.

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
Very Sad News. I was a regular at his shop for a time years ago. I bought my first Castello from him when his shop was in the NSP building on Nicollet Mall in the 1980’s. I always enjoyed hanging out in the shop with Rich, Kevin and Tony Soderman back in the day. We had a nice time catching up on the good old days in Chicago. RIP

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I live just down the road from the shop, and over the years I’ve had work done and bought pipes from him. I was just thinking about having a stem made for a pipe I own and having him do the work…

Well, RIP Rich and condolences to the family.

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
HOLY SHIT! I JUST saw him last Friday and sat and talked with him for hours at his shop! I told him that he has forgot more about pipes than I have ever learned and that was the truth! Wow! I am blown away and very sad to hear this, this morning! My prayers go up for his family. He was a great man, musician and tobacconist.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
members of the pigs eye pipe club and great northern pipe club are meeting at perfect ash on Wednesday June 7th at 6:30 to raise a pipe for Rich. All are welcome.
Where would that be? And could you please put your location in your profile?
May Mr. Lewis rest in peace.