PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winterreise

Lifer
Oct 21, 2020
Montréal , Québec
Hey , i would like some of your advice on good burley and dark fired kentucky blends out there ( Even Va/Bur etc)
So Far i only tried 2 blends
JackKnife Plug and Irish Flake that i really like !

I mostly smoke Va,Va/Per And english/Balkan but i want something new on my rotation
Thank for your advices !

Reactions: UncleRasta

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
HH Burley Flake, Solani Aged Burley Flake, Wessex Burley Slice, Peterson 3P's and University Flake, D&R Two Timer, Tobac Manil Semois, and any rope you can find
Good list right here. I’d add Warrior Plug too but I’m not even sure if it’s still on the market. These Irish plugs are much different than other Burley based blends in my opinion.

Oh and of course I’ll have to add Erinmore Flake & St. Bruno (VA/Kentucky).

Edited to add GH&Co Best Brown #2 (Divine when it has age on it, at least two years)

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Good list right here. I’d add Warrior Plug too but I’m not even sure if it’s still on the market. These Irish plugs are much different than other Burley based blends in my opinion.

Oh and of course I’ll have to add Erinmore Flake & St. Bruno (VA/Kentucky).

Edited to add GH&Co Best Brown #2 (Divine when it has age on it, at least two years)
Gimme any damn Irish plug and I'm happy. And yes, Brown #2 is lovely stuff.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
+1 for C&D Burley Flake #1, I can't get enough of it. Might I suggest C&D Burley Flake #3 however? It has their great burleys along with Kentucky fire cured as well, with just a bit of perique and red Virginia. I think it would be right up your alley.

You might also want to order up some of C&D's dark Burley itself, just for kicks. And don't forget C&D Old Joe Krantz, that stuff will make the hairs in your nose grow hair...

Status
Not open for further replies.