Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

MARC52

That looks like old dried up in the pouch SWR, sure hope it smokes better than that stuff.

Reactions: JOHN72
M

MARC52

Naw, it's nice and chonky and in good case. Dried SWR explodes into dust. This doesn't. I'm doing some drywalling right now, will fire up a bowl later.
Good deal! I've never smoked Sutliff Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match but hear it's a good smoke. Maybe one day. For now, I smoke Sir Walter Raleigh from the can pretty much everyday and love it.

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
If you like Sutliff Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match it's worth trying Stokkebye PS41 Cube Cut sometime. More of a fruity taste though. I like them both. The cube cut makes for long smokes.

Jim Sobie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2021
Allen Park, Michigan
One side of the stairwell drywalled; time for a bowl. Scoops and packs well, takes to a flame nicely.

A thing to know about me is I like to inhale every 5th puff or so. I smoke like I eat or make love, which is to say ardently, adroitly and con gusto. That said, where Granger's molasses topping tends to flare and sear (which is totally not their fault), this has more of a nutty granola cocoa thing going on, which affably complies with my greedy suckling.

3 months into piping and I've realized that while there's an entire galaxy of pipes and tobaccos out there, I tend to be utilitarian in nature and have zeroed in more on burleys and VaPers, smoked in cobs. Sort of like how I'm a car guy and have worked in the industry my whole life, but in fact daily a 2016 Kia Soul manual (quite possibly the dullest car since the Chrysler K cars). Again, utilitarianism at work.

Good smoke!

Attachments

• 20210801_152140.jpg
    20210801_152140.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 6

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Another blend that has that same 'texture' of cut going on (besides SWR already mentioned) is sugar barrel (bucket?) I forget if it is bucket or barrel, but sutliff sell it in bulk, and it tastes to me like the sweet component of the edgeworth match. Along with SWR, I tend to scoop a bowlful, or gravity fill rather than pack. Nice smokes all three!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I never smoke straight Burley. I smoke Virginia's with a bit of burley in it or better yet, I smoke Virginia with Kentucky like Orlik Dark Strong Kentucky or Stonehaven or Old Dark Fired or Solani 660 Silver Flake, Peterson Irish Flake, just to name a few. I hate straight Burley. I thought I would love Solani ABF but couldn't stand it, I was very surprised.

Reactions: Jim Sobie

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Another blend that has that same 'texture' of cut going on (besides SWR already mentioned) is sugar barrel (bucket?) I forget if it is bucket or barrel, but sutliff sell it in bulk, and it tastes to me like the sweet component of the edgeworth match. Along with SWR, I tend to scoop a bowlful, or gravity fill rather than pack. Nice smokes all three!
SugerBarrel? Same Middleton plastic bucket that both Carter Hall and Prince Albert reside. I just smoked a bowl of SugerBarrel — I have a full tub that I visit from time to time. It’s got a creamy mouth feel and of course — it’s sweetened burley. It’s not a favorite but it does have very unique and pronounced, albeit one dimensional taste. I can see why it was an all day smoking favorite for so many.

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
SugerBarrel? Same Middleton plastic bucket that both Carter Hall and Prince Albert reside. I just smoked a bowl of SugerBarrel — I have a full tub that I visit from time to time. It’s got a creamy mouth feel and of course — it’s sweetened burley. It’s not a favorite but it does have very unique and pronounced, albeit one dimensional taste. I can see why it was an all day smoking favorite for so many.
I looked back, and it is 'sugar bucket' that I have been smoking, it is a sutliff bulk blend and I do not remember if it was some kind of match for the barrel, or just a similar name.

Status
Not open for further replies.