PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
I was up working late when I saw the drop on smoking pipes. Originally I wasn't that interested in it but after reading about the Virginia's used and Jim's description of the oriental I was a little intrigued. Ultimately my distaste for Kentucky fire cured tobacco, no matter how continental, made me skip this small batch.

The pound bag wasn't a big deal for me because I usually buy at least a pound of C&D small batch releases if I think I'll like them. I may have been more interested if it was an actual plug instead of the crumble cake as well. Hopefully everyone who picked some up enjoys it!

Dudditz

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2021
New Jersey
I'd like to think I'm objective. I've made bad tobacco buys before. The majority of the small batches have been mostly good. I didn't hate XX Dark Flake but I didn't love it either. No big deal, I traded what I had here for some blends I do like.

I've yet to see one of these small batch blends fall so flat on its face there were no fans willing to buy or trade for more. So to me, the risk of losing out on some great tobacco far outweighs the risk of getting stuck with a dog. And with Folklore, if it totally sucks, I'm out $67 when you include taxes. You don't have to be Bill Gates to be reasonably casual with $67.
That there sums it up! (Hoosier drops the microphone)...Of course my daughter says that means something...?‍♂️

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
What the flip was up with this, only sold as 1 pound! :(

@jeremyreeves Mr. Reeves please tell us why 1 pound and not 2 oz. tins?

8:30pm out here my time it was available, I just received the latest SPC newsletter and headed over to the site, but when I saw this, ahhhh 1lb. $59...

I was like damm, what the heck is going on, only making it available like this.

Ok who are we voting on that is going to sell us some out of their pound on the forum? LOL ?

What the flip was up with this, only sold as 1 pound! :(

@jeremyreeves Mr. Reeves please tell us why 1 pound and not 2 oz. tins?

8:30pm out here my time it was available, I just received the latest SPC newsletter and headed over to the site, but when I saw this, ahhhh 1lb. $59...

I was like damm, what the heck is going on, only making it available like this.

Ok who are we voting on that is going to sell us some out of their pound on the forum? LOL ?
I like the one pound drops. I just wished they had of charged more, or done something to deter so many people jumping on it so fast. Make it for the really serious small batch fan. $400 a pop. puffy

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I’m really picky when it comes to tastes, I’d never buy a pound of something I’ve never tried. I always try to buy the absolute minimum when trying a new blend for the first time.

Reactions: ofafeather